Group

Group Admins

Forum topic at group Dog breeding

Public Group active 1 month ago ago

Dog breeding

www.brownsfanshop.com (1 post)

• Profile picture of liny liny said 1 month ago:

BEREA https://www.brownsfanshop.com/Terrance-Mitchell-Jersey , Ohio (AP) — Browns coach Hue Jackson knew if he complained about Sunday’s officiating he could be fined. The NFL is always watching and listening.He may soon be writing a check to Commissioner Roger Goodell.Still smarting after Cleveland’s road losing streak reached 22 consecutive games with an overtime loss at Oakland, Jackson was asked Monday if he was satisfied the officials had correctly spotted the ball in the closing minutes on a critical measurement that was overturned by a replay review.“There are a lot of things that I am not satisfied about,” he said.Jackson then clicked off a few.“The kicking of the football down the field right next to the official, the sack-fumble on a quarterback … Do you guys want me to keep going?” he asked reporters. “The spot. It goes on and on and on. We have to do a better job of being in control of it, not the officials being in control of it.”Although Jackson didn’t solely lay the 45-42 loss to the Raiders on the refs, there’s no denying that some questionable calls that went against the Browns (1-2-1) led to another heartbreaking loss.The Browns appeared to pick up a game-sealing first down — and were poised to win rookie quarterback Baker Mayfield’s first start — with 1:38 left in regulation as running back Carlos Hyde gained 2 yards on third-and-2.But replay official Billy Smith ruled Hyde was short of the marker and overturned the conversion. The Browns were forced to punt and the Raiders wound up tying the score and winning in OT on a 29-yard field goal.Even by Cleveland standards, this one hurt.Jackson, though, came away feeling encouraged by his young team. The Browns overcame a litany of their own mistakes and were in position to win before their defense crumbled at the end of regulation.The losses keep mounting for Jackson, now 0-18 on the road and 2-33-1 during his two-plus seasons in Cleveland. But he’s convinced these Browns are not the old Browns.“We have never been this close since I have been here, not as close as we have been in these four weeks,” he said.“There have been some games (in past years) where I think that we played as well as we could play and had a chance to win and make a play down the stretch. This team feels different. This team is more talented. I do not think that there is any remains of the past teams.”The league stood by its ruling, with a spokesman saying several camera angles were used to clarify Hyde’s elbow hit the ground short of the first down.“From the line feed, you can see the line to gain is just past the 19-yard line,” the spokesman said. “One replay angle shows the wrist and the elbow hit the ground simultaneously.”The debatable calls aside, the Browns continue to be plagued by familiar problems. They’re committing too many penalties and special teams have been special in name only.But unlike the past two seasons, Jackson said there’s no sense of doom on the sideline during games, no feeling that things will go from bad to worse.“I do not get the sense of what I felt before down there,” he said. “I get the sense that this is a team that is really starting to come together and understand how close they are. Now what they have to do is go finish those things.”It’s not a stretch to think the Browns could be 3-1 or even 4-0. But a blocked field goal in the opener against Pittsburgh and several missed kicks at New Orleans cost them two wins before they blew a 14-point lead in the fourth quarter Sunday and were swallowed up in the Black Hole.They have to learn to finish, and center JC Tretter believes the Browns are learning while taking a few more lumps.“We have a lot of grit on this team,” he said. “Even last year Jarvis Landry Jersey , you saw it. Obviously, last year we were not able to get any wins, but we never stopped fighting no matter what the circumstances were during the game, and I think that mentality has carried over. Now with the added talent and experience, that effort late in games you can come back from almost anything.“We lost our 14-point lead, and those are sometimes tougher to bounce back from after you have it and you lose it. Just that we kept plugging along and kept pushing, and obviously, we come back. There is no quit and there is no rolling over on this team.”NOTES: Jackson said rookie RB Nick Chubb needs more touches after scoring on TD runs of 63 and 41 yards. “I watched those two touchdowns on tape today, and they were even better than they were on the field,” he said. … CB Terrance Mitchell underwent surgery on his broken right wrist and will be sidelined indefinitely. Jackson is optimistic Mitchell will return at some point this season. … Jackson said he never considered trying to going for it on fourth down after Hyde’s run was overturned. “It did not enter my mind,” he said. … Despite Mayfield’s four turnovers, Jackson liked how his rookie QB played. “I did not see any blink in Baker on any of those things,” Jackson said. “That is what was very pleasing to me. I get a chance to look in his eyes, and he did not flinch. Matter of fact, he was like, ‘Come on guys, let’s go.’” BEREA, Ohio (AP) — The Browns‘ playoff odds remain immense, nearly impossible.Gregg Williams’ chances, on the other hand, have improved.Since being elevated to Cleveland’s interim coach when Hue Jackson was fired on Oct. 29 Genard Avery Color Rush Jersey , Williams, the team’s in-your-grill defensive coordinator, has guided the Browns to four wins — two on the road — and has a team that didn’t win once last season playing meaningful December games, believing anything is possible. Seven weeks ago, Williams was a long-shot candidate. He now looks like a serious one.”He deserves credit for a lot of stuff that’s going on now, just the fire and the energy that he’s bringing to this team has been incredible,” Browns wide receiver Breshad Perriman said Monday, two days after a 17-16 win in Denver. “I feel like you can’t put a limit for the amount of credit you give him.”Williams has won over his players, who feel his attention to detail and demand for accountability has brought out the best in them. He’s also endeared himself to a segment of battle-scarred Cleveland fans, who would hate to see Williams leave and prosper elsewhere after his successful substitute stint.General manager John Dorsey, who is heading the team’s coaching search, will interview Williams for the full-time job once the season ends. Until then, the 60-year-old Williams won’t discuss his future.The gregarious coach loves to talk — about anything. But with two games to go, Williams is not going to address his interest in coaching the Browns (6-7-1) in 2019 and beyond.”I appreciate to answer that, and all honesty, I do not think it is fair to the players or to anybody here,” he said. “The most important thing is making sure that these guys understand how we continue to win and how we get ready for the Bengals (on Sunday). Really. When they see the mindset is that way — that is the way that my mindset has always been. We will talk about that at the end.”There is no denying Williams’ impact in less than two months.The Browns were in shambles when he took over, headed toward further disgrace. But Williams has helped salvage this season — Cleveland is technically still alive for a wild-card spot — while providing a glimpse of a future that hasn’t looked nearly this promising in years.Williams has more wins in six weeks than Jackson got in 40. He has demanded, and the Browns have responded.”I just think it was just more attention to detail, and just us in the locker room just not letting all the outside elements affect us and affect how we play,” said safety Jabrill Peppers. “It would have been easy to crumble and blame everything else that was going on https://www.brownsfanshop.com/Austin-Corbett-Jersey , but we stuck together, fought it out and we’re on the cusp of having our first winning season around here in a long time, so everything falls how it may.”Peppers said he didn’t have any “ill will” toward Jackson, but indicated the Browns have been better prepared by Williams, who stresses competition at all times.”We just practice real-game situations competitively now instead of having the game be the first time that situation arises,” Peppers said. “Let’s say it’s a two-minute drive, instead of the game being that first time our offense goes into two-minute mode, we do it in practice — competitive. We’re the ultimate competitors, so we all want to win that period, both offensively and defensively. I think that’s been the main thing that he’s brought that helps us win.”It’s possible that Dorsey, who recently celebrated his one-year anniversary with the Browns, already has his next coach in mind — his wish list may include former Packers coach Mike McCarthy and Oklahoma’s Lincoln Riley — and there may be nothing Williams can do to dissuade him from selecting another coach.However, if Cleveland wins its last two games and finishes with a winning record for the first time since 2007, Williams could make it very difficult for Dorsey not to hire him.That once seemed a far-fetched scenario. Turns out, it may not be far off.NOTES: Rookie CB Denzel Ward has not yet cleared concussion protocol. He has missed the past two games. … Peppers and his teammates were motivated by meeting former NBA superstar Kobe Bryant, who spoke to the team on Friday in Denver. “That was probably one of the dopest moments since I’ve been in the league,” Peppers said. “It was just a good experience, man, and his message really hit home. It gave me that extra little oomph that I needed for prime time.” Peppers had an interception, and his first NFL sack in the closing minutes clinched Cleveland’s win.

Community

Forgot password?

Calendar

<< Aug 2019 >>
MTWTFSS
29 30 31 1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31 1

Events

• No events