Group

Group Admins

Forum topic at group Animal welfare

Public Group active 4 days, 10 hours ago ago

Animal welfare

Breaking down the newest (1 post)

• Profile picture of liny liny said 2 weeks, 5 days ago:

Giants”WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections New York Giants NewsGiants Training Camp 2016Giants vs. Eagles 2015 Alec Ogletree Jersey , Week 172019 NFL DraftGiants’ Day 3 picks: CB Julian Love, LB Ryan Connelly, WR Darius Slayton, CB Corey Ballentine, OT George Asafo-Adjei, DT Chris SlaytonNew,274commentsBreaking down the newest GiantsEDTShareTweetShareShareGiants’ Day 3 picks: CB Julian Love, LB Ryan Connelly, WR Darius Slayton, CB Corey Ballentine, OT George Asafo-Adjei, DT Chris SlaytonKirby Lee-USA TODAY SportsThe New York Giants did not have to wait four hours to make their first pick on the third day of the draft. Instead, they only had to wait about 20 minutes to turn in the 108th pick and kick off the final day of their draft. Round 7 (245th overall) – Chris Slayton (DT, Syracuse)In a stunner, the Giants close out their draft by selecting a defensive tackle — Chris Slayton out of Syracuse.Slayton is a 6-foot-4, 307-pound defensive tackle who profiles as a powerful one-gap penetrating interior lineman. A four-year starter, Slayton has been productive for Syracuse, getting 8 tackles for a loss, 3.5 sacks http://www.giantslockerroom.com/authentic-jonathan-stewart-jersey , and a forced fumble as a senior. Those numbers are representative of his sophomore and junior seasons as well. He is regarded as having work to do with his hand usage, and has upside if his technique improves.Round 7 (232nd overall) – George Asafo-Adjei (OT, Kentucky) The Giants finally drafted an offensive lineman in the seventh round with the selection Kentucky right tackle George Asafo-Adjei. About Asafo_Adjei, Tony Pauline of DraftAnalyst.com says:At 6-foot-41⁄2 inches and 305 pounds, Asafo-Adjei has solid size for a utility backup, and plenty of experience in a run-first offense blocking for Kentucky running back Benny Snell. Asafo-Adjei isn’t a great athlete, but he shows the ability to absorb rushes and moves reasonably well within his range. Round 6 (180th overall) – Corey Ballentine (CB, Washburn)When informing Julian Love of that he would be a Giant, Pat Shurmur said that the Giants were making over the defense. At the very least they are making over the cornerback position by taking their third corner of the draft — fourth if you include Sam Beal, on whom they used their third round pick over the summer. Ballentine out of small-school Washburn will likely be a developmental player, but he has intriguing traits that are worth developing. Ballentine was the third most athletic corner at the Combine and landed in the 95.5 percentile of SPARQ among NFL corners. Kyle Crabbs of The Draft Network notes that Ballentine has the movement skills, athleticism, ball skills, and instincts to develop as both a press-man and zone corner. He also likes Ballentine’s physicality as a run defender and believes he can contribute as a special teams player while he develops as a defender. [Scouting Report]Round 5 (171st overall) – Darius Slayton (WR, Auburn) It took a while, but the Giants finally got back around to the offensive side of the ball. The Giants desperately needed a player who could add a vertical element back into their offense, and Slayton does just that. He was one of the most explosive receivers at the 2019 NFL Scouting Combine, running a 4.39 second 40-yard dash, posting 40 1⁄2 inch vertical Youth Carl Banks Jerseys , and an 11-foot-3 inch broad jump. Slayton ran a limited route tree in the Auburn offense, but he separated easily from press coverage, has the speed to stretch a defense, the ability to create after the catch, and is a big play threat — he has six touchdowns of more than 50 yards since 2017. Slayton shows good to great ball skills when the ball is in the air, but inconsistent hands to secure the catch and suffers from concentration drops. Round 5 (143rd overall) – Ryan Connelly, LB, WisconsinGiants fans have been screaming for the Giants to add a linebacker, but the Giants waited until the fifth round to answer the call. Ryan Connelly has sky-high intangibles as a former walk-on who pushed for a starting job through his work ethic and football IQ. He tested as an average athlete as a linebacker, but showed a limited range in the middle of the field in coverage in college and allowed a 71.4 completion percentage per Sports Info Solutions. Connelly is willing coming downhill as a run defender and blitzer with 177 tackles and 21 tackles for a loss over the last two years. Connelly did not land on the Big Blue View Big Board and will likely begin his career as a special teams player while he tries to work his way up the depth chart.Round 4 (108th overall) – Julian Love, CB, Notre DameThe Giants wasted little time in turning in their card and making Notre Dame cornerback Julian Love the newest Giant. Love is an average sized corner at 5-foot-103/4, 195 pounds with the upside to play both inside at the slot and outside. He should be a good fit in James Bettcher’s coverage scheme, showing good technique, physicality, instincts, and ball skills in man coverage. Love only has four interceptions in the last two years, but he has an impressive 131 tackles and 36 passes defensed over that span. Love might be best playing close to the line of scrimmage as modest long speed could get him in trouble with faster receivers, but his ability to disrupt routes early helps keep receivers under control.This pick presents a solid value by the Big Blue View Big Board Carl Banks Jerseys Stitched , with Love graded as a second-round talent.Love is (technically) the third cornerback drafted by the Giants this year, and should immediately challenge Grant Haley for the starting slot corner job. SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP) — Nick Mullens remembers getting the phone call from Archie Manning inviting him to the prestigious Manning Passing Academy two summers ago.Mullens savored the chance to take part in the four-day clinic run by Archie and his two NFL quarterback sons, Eli and Peyton. Mullens especially relished the opportunity to watch Eli Manning take part in some of the drills.“To see how he moves in the pocket, he has very quick feet and is just very smooth,” Mullens said. “I definitely remember just sitting there and watching him throw. I took that all in.”Mullens now will get another chance to see Manning up close when he makes his second career start for the San Francisco 49ers (2-7) on Monday night against Manning and the New York Giants (1-7).Mullens is coming off a scintillating debut, completing 16 of 22 passes for 262 yards, three touchdowns and no interceptions for a 151.9 passer rating in a 34-3 victory over the Oakland Raiders. That’s the highest rating since the merger for a player in his debut with at least 20 attempts.Things might not be as easy now that the Giants have an idea of what Mullens can do.“I think they’re going to be like, ‘Oh crap. This guy is good,’” running back Matt Breida said. “I think they’ll put more people back there to cover because of the throws he made and can do.”While Mullens is just getting started, Manning is nearing the end of his career as he plays his 15th season for a team that is struggling mightily. New York has lost five straight games and the questions are mounting about how much longer the two-time Super Bowl MVP Manning has as quarterback.“I think there’s urgency to get things going, for sure,” Manning said. “We got to get some wins. We got to get going, and everybody wants it. The team needs it, for the morale and for just the hard work and everything we put in. Just need to reap the benefits of the work, and feel good about what we’re doing.”Here are some other things to watch:SPLENDID SAQUONRookie Saquon Barkley has been a rare bright spot for the struggling Giants, topping 100 yards from scrimmage in seven of his first eight games. Barkley has been a bit hit and miss with 16 runs for negative yards, tied for fifth worst in the league, and 11 plays that gained at least 20 Ray-Ray Armstrong Jersey , which is tied for second most among running backs. Barkley is just the ninth player to gain at least 1,000 yards from scrimmage in the first eight games of his rookie season.“I’m not one of those guys that says, let me see my stats, let me see how much I ran for this or that. I just play,” he said. “I’m not going to stand here and lie, I am very active on social media, so there’s fan pages of me and I can go on Instagram or even on my explore page and they just happen to pop up. I’ve seen predictions of what I’m capable of doing, but it means nothing to me.”PRESSURE POINTThe struggling pass rush for the 49ers broke through in a big way last week with eight sacks against Oakland. Cassius Marsh led the way with a career-best 2 ½, and Dekoda Watson had 1 1/2 in his first game after coming off IR. San Francisco had eight sacks in a game only once in the previous two decades, doing it against the Rams in 2009.KITTLE’S CATCHESSan Francisco tight end George Kittle has been a big-play threat all season. He had a 71-yard catch and run last week against the Raiders, making him the first tight end since Rich Caster in 1972 to have two 70-yard catches in the same season. Kittle ranks second among all tight ends with 692 yards receiving and is second to Barkley among all players with 496 yards after the catch.STRUGGLING FRANCHISESTwenty-eight years after these franchises met in the best matchup in “Monday Night Football” history, they now play in one of the worst. Back in 1990, the 49ers beat the Giants 7-3 in a matchup of 10-1 teams that provided the highest winning percentage ever for a Monday night game played after Halloween. The teams come into this meeting with a combined winning percentage of .176, the second lowest for a Monday night game played Nov. 1 or later. The lowest combined winning percentage is .167 for a matchup of the New York Jets (3-9) and the Chargers (1-11) in 1975 that featured Hall of Fame QBs Joe Namath and Dan Fouts.

Community

Forgot password?

Calendar

<< Jan 2020 >>
MTWTFSS
30 31 1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31 1 2

Events

• No events